Misteri

Home » , , » Paul Van Dyk Releasing First Album Since 2007

Paul Van Dyk Releasing First Album Since 2007

Written By Monika Jain on Saturday 17 December 2011 | 00:03


 Paul Van Dyk Releasing First Album Since 2007

Dutch trance DJ Paul Van Dyk is releasing his first album since 2007. The new release, however, will include both tracks and videos.

Pop and the presence of electronic dance music have both changed since 2007, when Paul Van Dyk last released an album. In an interview with Billboard, the Dutch trance DJ announced and provided details about his upcoming album, which is scheduled to hit stores on March 20, 2012.

Titled Evolution, Van Dyk’s upcoming album will include both 16 tracks of new music and a series of videos. Guest stars, such as Owl City’s Adam Young and Dev, appear in both. Telling the magazine about the concept, Van Dyk said: "I was sitting at my iPad thinking like your regular music consumer and I'm staring at the same still shot of the front cover of the album I'm listening to, and I realized that we have the technology at hand, so why not bring something more on the video side, and not just the audio side?"

Director Anthony Burns described the concept in greater detail: "Paul's camp approached me with the idea of doing one video per song, and asked me 'what would you do?' I suggested that we create a world that is linked for the entire album -- one that proposes a possible future for planet Earth where technology and nature collide in interesting and weird ways."

Evolution seemed like an appropriate title, as the DJ considers his sound ever-evolving. He explained: "I need to evolve with the changes in music as it is my profession as a DJ. However, it is up to me as an artist to decide if I think the music is something that is creatively interesting. ‘Evolution’ is an album that demonstrates my personal evolution as an artist, rather than what is a reflection of the latest trendy sound. My advisors are saying it's the best music I've done."






Share this article :

Post a Comment